In order to become a member of the William Mitchell Journal of Law & Practice, candidates must participate in the Write-On Competition. The Write-On Competition involves three components: a cover letter (excluding name, GPA, and class rank), a Bluebook citation test, and either a WRAP memorandum or an Advocacy brief.
All students who have completed their 1L year may participate in the Write-On Competition. The write-on process is competitive by nature. Membership invitations for the 2015-2016 academic school year will be extended to the candidates with the best submissions. However, the Journal will reserve most of its membership invitations for 2Ls and part-time 3Ls.
To participate in the Write-On Competition, prospective candidates must sign-up online by Monday, September 21, 2015 at 5:00 p.m.
– Timeline –
- Monday, September 21, 2015 at 5:00 p.m.
- Candidates must sign-up online here: 2015 Write-On Competition
Write-On Competition Begins
- Wednesday, September 23, 2015 at 5:00 p.m.
- Write-On materials will be emailed to candidates.
- Wednesday, September 30, 2015 at 5:00 p.m.
- Submissions are due in Student Services.
- Wednesday October 14, 2015 at 5:00 p.m.
Thank you for your interest in the William Mitchell Journal of Law & Practice!
Sara Freed and Evan Stewart
Editors-in-Chief (Volume 9)